Sunday, February 20, 2011

Do what you're told!

About a week ago, she poured her breakfast on my laptop. She's so innocent and vulnerable.
My reaction was the normal thing that any mom would do. Say in a loud voice " How many times do i have to tell you never to play with your food. She looked at me, teary-eyed but was still wiping the milk in the keyboard. I was biting my lip so not to hit her. My dear old laptop. Dripping, wet. My grades are all there, eight classes and the deadine for submission is next week. I have to encode all over again.

I told her to go to the corner. And she did. clasping her hands. Sobbing quietly while murmuring "sorry, mama, sorry".

Why couldn't kids do what they're told? Don't bite your nails, stop playing with your brother's stuff. Don't put that in your mouth. You're just telling them what's best for them yet they still go on with the rubbish. They don't listen.

Now my laptop's working again. But she still plays with her food. Though you tell her to stop, she wouldn't. Though you told her to listen, she just couldn't. Though you told her no more waiting, she's still here. Though you told her you don't love her, she still resists.

I know why now . Punish her if you must. Hurt her if you please. Ignore her if it suits you. She'd just go to the same corner. Sob. Apologize. Then do it again. Because this is what makes her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment